Stephen P. Pfeiffer is an aggressive litigator who efficiently and effectively navigates his clients through the legal system. Stephen Pfeiffer has lectured and has been published in many areas of the law. Most recently, Stephen has been published as a coauthor in the nationally recognized “Inside the Minds” series by Aspatore Books on The Legality of Search and Seizure in DUI Cases “A Practitioner’s Everyday Insight Into DWI/DUI Defense in Virginia”.
Additionally, Stephen has been consistently recognized as one of Virginia’s Legal Elite by Virginia Business Magazine as well as being selected as a “Rising Star” by Virginia Super Lawyers. Stephen was the American Bar Association’s 2007 National Champion in Legal Negotiations and currently serves as an adjunct professor at Regent University School of Law teaching Legal Negotiations.
Stephen is consistently selected as “Clients’ Choice” on Avvo.com. Further he has been recognized by his clients and peers and has obtained the highest rating available in the areas of DUI Defense, Criminal Defense and Federal Criminal Defense work.
Areas of Practice
- Federal and State Criminal Litigation
- Condominium and Homeowners Association Law
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Hauling and Overweight Citation Defense
- Creditors’ Rights and Collections
- Commercial Landlord/Tenant
- Virginia, 2007
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2008
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia, 2010
- Regent University School of Law, Virginia Beach, Virginia
- J.D. (Cum Laude) – 2007
- Carroll College, Waukesha, Wisconsin
- B.A. (Summa Cum Laude) – 2004
- A Practitioner’s Everyday Insight into DWI/DUI Defense in Virginia, Aspatore, Inside The Minds – The Legality of Search and Seizure in DUI Cases, 2013
- Wiretapping: Risks for Clients and Private Practitioners, Docket Call: Newsletter of the Young Lawyers Conference, Virginia State Bar, Vol. 24 No. 4, Spring, 2008
- Construction Fraud: Not Just a Civil Matter. Docket Call: Newsletter of the Young Lawyers Conference, Virginia State Bar, Vol. 25 No. 3, Winter, 2008
- Southeastern Virginia Chapter, Community Associations Institute Publication
- Morris v. City of Virginia Beach, 58 Va. App. 173 707 S.E.2d 479, 2011
- Starling Education Services, “Ethical Consideration in Landlord/Tenant Law”, 2010
- Seminars Unlimited, “Navigating the Service Members Relief Act”, 2009
- “Tips on Legal Negotiations”, Regent University School of Law, 2008
- “Legal Negotiations”, Regent University School of Law – Adjunct Professor
- Advance Collections, 2010 CA Day
- “Advanced Collections”, 2011 CA Day
- “Legal Foundations”, SEV CAI’s Board Members Boot Camp
- “Landlord’s Rights and Options When the Deal Goes Bad”, Starling Education Services
Honors and Awards
- ABA National Negotiation Champion, 2007
- Former, All Conference Middle Linebacker for Carroll University Varsity Football Team
- Robert R. Merhige, Jr. National Environmental Law Negotiation Competition Finalist
- Former 2nd District Representative, Board of Governors, Virginia State Bar Young Lawyer’s Conference
- Listed as one of Virginia’s “Rising Stars in Super Lawyers Magazine” (General Lit), 2013 – Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- CBDX, Co-Founder and Past-President
- CBDA, Board Member, 2010 – Present
- Community Association Institute
- James Kent Inn of Court
- Norfolk & Portsmouth Bar Association
- Virginia Beach Bar Association Young Lawyers Chair
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National College of DUI Attorneys
THE LISTING OF SPECIFIC OR CUMULATIVE CASE RESULTS ON THIS WEBPAGE IS PROVIDED FOR YOUR REVIEW. YOU NEED TO BE AWARE THAT ACTUAL CASE RESULTS DEPEND UPON A VARIETY OF FACTORS THAT ARE UNIQUE TO EACH CASE. THE CASE RESULTS PROVIDED DO NOT GUARANTEE OR PREDICT A SIMILAR RESULT IN ANY CASE UNDERTAKEN BY THIS LAW FIRM.
Nothing Short of Amazing – (Juan, DUI Client)
Although I wish that I had met Mr.Pfeiffer under a different circumstance,His representation of my DUI case was nothing short of amazing, Challenging every possible piece of evidence and convincing the court allow something that happens to 1 in 1,000. My case was reduced to a Reckless driving. Lemonade brother.
Great attorney, great person, great results – (Jacob, DUI/DWI Client)
He is an extremely knowledgeable attorney and dealt with my case with respect and intelligence. He really helped me out in a tough situation. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a great and honest attorney.
Outstanding Attorney – (The Bishops, Client)
Our family met Stephen Pfeiffer when we needed to retain an attorney in Virginia Beach. We are very grateful to have found him! He is a remarkable attorney! Upon meeting him, we immediately realized that he is bright, articulate, and very knowledgeable. He is also very personable. He was extremely successful in our case!! He is one of the best attorneys we have ever known, which speaks volumes because my father is also an attorney. We are truly grateful to Mr. Pfeiffer for being so thorough and dedicated. Those who are fortunate enough to retain him will not be disappointed.
Excellent Attorney – (Michelle, Juvenile Matter)
I am so thankful that my friend referred me to Stephen Pfeiffer. He represented my daughter who had 2 misdemeanor charges and one that was a possible felony. We initially spoke to his assistant, Julie, who was courteous, friendly, and professional. Shortly after, we received a call from Mr. Pfeiffer to discuss the details of the case. We knew we were in good hands after our first meeting. He listened attentively and made us feel comfortable that we could ask him any questions concerning my daughter’s case. He didn’t judge my daughter on her mistakes. He focused on being a counselor for her and provided beneficial advice in making her future brighter.
We strongly recommend Stephen Pfeiffer. His fees are very reasonable and he is a great attorney/counselor with an excellent moral character. We were also ecstatic with the outcome of the case. My daughter and I are very appreciative for all his hard work and effort. Many thanks!!
All Backbone – Scott, (Criminal Defense Client)
Mr. Pfeiffer came highly recommended to me as an attorney that I could trust to get my charges dropped. He was reasonable on price as I had shopped at least 6 other attorneys. He was willing to consult before he received a dime and then most importantly, he got the charge dropped.